Overview: What is "Pattern Bliss"?
Pattern Bliss is a unique graphic design tool that generates limitless seamlessly tiling abstract patterns. Create background patterns for brochures, designs for coloring books, custom wrapping paper, quilt prints, and even wrap frames around your own photos. Any patterns you create are completely free for you to use for any purpose.
Want instant results? Simply tap the Randomize button to instantly create new beautiful designs. Want to sculpt and play? Adjust those sliders to gently change the patterns to suit your needs, simple to ornate, boxy to swirly, offering limitless possibilities and beauty.
These flowing abstract patterns can be simple or complex, colored or B&W lines, single panel or seamlessly repeating. There are so many things you can create with them... here are just a few ideas:
- Make unique patterns for brainstorming new artwork ideas.
- Add instant backgrounds for desktop publishing projects.
- Make backdrops and add your own artwork over them.
- Use the patterns as templates for gilding, electro-plating, silk-screening, or 3D printing.
- Generate ornate "Picture Frames" to lay over your own image/photo.
- Make seamless tile artwork assets for wall or floor textures in your computer games.
- Create abstract artwork for coloring book pages.
- Create a variety of striking slide backdrops for presentations.
- Calling all puzzle-makers, quilters, scrapbookers! Let your creativity loose!
Pricing & Download
Here are the differences between the "Full" and "Lite" software applications:
Here are some features that put Pattern Bliss at the top of the list as an outstanding abstract pattern generator.
- Quickly create dozens or hundreds of wildly unique royalty-free patterns.
- Share your patterns quickly via e-mail or social media.
- 'Handoff' a pattern between any of your devices... run Pattern Bliss on your Macs and iPhones, bring them near each other, and click the Pattern Bliss hand-off icon, and BOOP! Pattern Bliss opens on your other device and displays the same pattern.
- Easily export the images as PNG or JPG, in sizes ranging from 100x100 up to 4000x4000 pixels for high resolution publication in your own books, newsletters, social media/blog, or classroom handouts.
- Open a "hole" in a pattern to turn it into an ornate border to add over your photos or artwork.
- "Bookmark" up to 50 of your favorite patterns for immediately popping back to any time.
- Supports Dark Mode and Full-Screen mode.
- Work without a net... You can run Pattern Bliss anywhere... you never need an internet connection to create and export patterns.
- Includes a comprehensive User Guide that contains over 20 pages of tutorials and tips and describes every option, getting you up-to-speed right away. Advanced features are explained, helping you create high-quality fun patterns.
Show Me More...
What's New in This Version
1.0.0, May 4th, 2022
It's 1.0, so everything is new!
Some Example Patterns, Seamlessly Tiled
Giant Catalog of "Starting" Functions
Click here to view the large collection of starter-patterns, which you can then modify with different colors and coloring styles, zoom-levels, distortions, to create unlimited variations.
People are quite excited about what they can make with this software:
- Fun!!! Creativity at your fingertips. App works well on my older model iPhone. Lots of design and color possibilities. There is also a setting for greyscale so you can print your own coloring page designs! In-app instructions are detailed and easy to navigate. Many site sharing options are available, too. Grab your device and start creating. --Lori
Pattern Bliss is being used all over the world, for fun and profit. Here are some places that are creating products with the software:
- Seamlessly Endless Patterns is my fun abstract coloring book using Pattern Bliss tiling patterns, available on Amazon.
- Jigsaw Puzzles - by BirdRock Games is a beautifully-designed FREE jigsaw puzzle game on iOS, with tons of art to choose from, including some from Pattern Bliss. You can also import your own Pattern Bliss images or photos too.
(Please contact me if you want to have your product/site added to this list!)
Help & FAQ & More Info
- On the Mac, you can hover your mouse pointer over any of the Settings buttons, and a tool-tip will appear showing you the name of the setting button, and its current value.
- On the Mac, when a setting slider is displayed, you can also press the left or right arrow keys on the keyboard to move the value up or down one position.
- These patterns are not fractals. They are 2D and 3D equations of my own design, mostly related to interference patterns.
- Apple Handoff is supported! If you have Pattern Bliss installed on a couple of your devices, iPhone or Mac, connected to the same iCloud account, you can use "Handoff" to instantly show the same pattern on both devices. For example, whenever you run Pattern Bliss on your iPhone, a little Pattern-Bliss "Handoff icon" appears on your nearby Mac. If you click that icon on your Mac, Pattern Bliss launches and shows the identical pattern from your iPhone. You can read more about Apple's HandOff technology here.
- To copy your pattern image to Windows computer or non-Apple smartphone, you can bring the pattern up on your screen (perhaps loading it from a prior bookmark), and then click the SHARE button: and choose to send it via text/message, e-mail, Instagram message, etc.
You can easily take any existing pattern...
and do some image-editing with other software to create your own sweet art:
What is next?
Well, what would YOU like? If you let me know what things you would like to see next, and I will add them to my to-do list for the next update!
If you would like to publish a review of this software and would like more information and assets, download the free Press Kit below:
If you have more questions or wish to send me feedback: